.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

 

Maiden Post

Howdy folks,

At the urgings of an enthusiastic friend, I have decided to chronicle my upcoming internship in USA in the form of a blog. So here it is.

For those of you who are clueless, here are the gory details:

Vacation Internship Program
Location : Anaheim, California, USA
Company profile : Research and development of power supplies
Duration : May 8 July 18 2005

Those of you who know me well enough will know that I'm not the chatty or loquacious (http://dictionary.reference.com/) kind to fill up page after page without any worthwhile purpose. You would also know that aesthetics never ranks highly in my list of priorities, which reflects in my choice of template. Neatness and clarity are the order of the day, though not always so for the state of my room and desk, but hey, I know where everything is. Well, most of the time.

Secondary functions of this blog are :

- to blatantly extol the virtues of the blues and provide cool and useful (not always both) information about my favourite musicians. If Britney Spears represents the epitome of musical exhilaration (other forms of exhilaration are your own business) for you, you're gonna be in for a helluva ride. Welcome aboard.

- to publicise personal opinions which I deem appropriate for general consumption. If you are allergic to disagreement and difference in opinions, you may lodge a complaint with me personally, with a registration fee of SGD$10.

- to record down any other events or happenings which may be of interest. Mainly for the sake of jogging my own memory.

In the meanwhile, the Great American Odyssey has begun from the application stage. Paperwork has been sent back and forth, more remains to be settled, and there remains the interview at the US Embassy which I hope will not end up being in the middle of my papers.

So far, my recreational plans are as follows:

- check out every blues festival within driving distance (http://www.sonomatunes.com/blues_festivals.htm)

- check out every guitar shop within driving distance (you never know...the Holy Grail might just appear)

- drink lots of cheap and good beers and ales (I particularly liked this one the last time I went - http://www.sierranevada.com/index2.asp)

- check out many, many fine chicks (brunette, blondes, redheads, latinos...whatever comes my way.)

Any other suggestions (wild or otherwise) are most welcome, but ultimately subject to my approval.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?