.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 06, 2005

 

Run-up to the Odyssey

It's been going smoothly so far. The arrangements are pretty ok, and funnily enough the one thing that's occupying my mind right now is not the prospect of being alone in a foreign land, the challenges of being in a dynamic working environment(I hope) or the anticipation of great freedom and independence. Not even the day-to-day stuff like how I'm gonna do laundry, get food, drive around etc.

It's how on earth I'm going to occupy myself for the straight flight to Los Angeles Airport. 20+ hrs in a chair with no stopover. On previous flights to US, there was at least a transit at Seoul or Tokyo airport. Although I spent most of those transit hours staring at a TV screen without understanding the dialogue, at least I got some blood flowing to my legs. And a chance to check out the local ladies that we in Singapore always rave about.

3 things I'm really hoping for during the flight:

1) Peaceful people sitting beside me. The last time, I had a rowdy pair of young Korean brothers whose legs and arms were all over the place. It was hell.

2) Good in-flight movies.

3) Edible in-flight food.

The flight is on Sunday afternoon. I should stuff myself with more curry and chilli before I spend the next 10 weeks being deprived of those. It's not that American food is bad, in fact some of it is pretty good, just that there are only so many burgers and pizzas I can eat. My primitive cooking skills will only provide the bare minimum for survival, but it'll have to do.

I like my food the way I live my life; with some spice and kick to it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?