.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

Gettin' high

I just got to hear a recording of one of my songs done a while back at a semi-professional studio. I'd forgotten about it for a long time until I was recently reminded of it's existence, and upon hearing it several things came to my mind.

It was recorded before this blog came into being, and song-writing was my avenue for social commentary. This one in particular expressed my disgust at a drug-bust involving several high-lifers living in huge houses and driving fancy cars. Two local celebrities were also implicated somehow but no charges were pressed against them. The revelations of their lifestyles and drug abuse made headlines and for a while people started questioning the prevalence of drugs in certain social venues. Eventually after everyone got charged and thrown in prison, the issue died down and life went on.

Hearing it again though, brought back a rather humourous memory from the US internship involving weed. Of course, it didn't involve me smoking any of it, but one of the people who did, made sure that I'd never ever be tempted to try it anytime. I may have shared this head-slapping anecdote with some of you, but if you'd like to hear it just give me a shout out. I might just decide to publicise it here (adequately censored) if response is good.

This song is perhaps the most scathing piece of musical social commentary I've ever written and was brought to life by 2 very talented singers from Kent Ridge Hall whom I've had the honour of performing and recording with, namely Lin and Surath. The CD will be coming soon for all Kent Ridge Hall residents, and if you're not living in Kent Ridge Hall or Singapore, let me know. I'll tell you where to get the song.

Alright, end of shameless plug.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?