.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

Been a long time since I rock and rolled...

Seems like I’ve been getting a lot of hits since my last post, which was a long time ago. Lack of blog-worthy inspiration lately has been to blame, which in turn is due to the current exam season.

To make up for the lack of content, here’s something from the Telecaster discussion forum that simply had me in awe.


“So I just remarried in September.

The other day in the local music store I saw a lefty Simon and Patrick (made by Godin) dreadnaught gtr. that's been there for 2 years! I have lusted after it all this time. At its original retail price ($900.00) it was a bargain; solid spruce top, solid rosewood back/sides, and tone? Oh, my Lord... And now - NOW - it's been marked down to about $550.00!!!

Since I'm really not playing electric at all these days I was trying to decide which of my electrics I should trade off. I told Susanna what I was thinking about. She said, "Don't do that! What if you want to play electric again? And besides, you love those guitars!" I said, "Yeah, but, honey, I don't have the cash for this guitar, and it's a better investment than Strats and Teles, of which there are a million around, even lefties." She replies, "Why don't you take some of the money we got for a wedding present and pick it up?" "That's supposed to be for special stuff for the house, etc." "Well, this will be special. I love to hear you play. It'll be the gift that keeps on giving! I want you to get this guitar."

So I'm going to. And the first thing I'm going to do with it is write a song for her on it...”


Damn, I’ve got to get me one of those.

Comments:
dood... you do realise that he said "remarried" in his posting?
 
Well I guess you've got to suffer a little before finding a really good one. Unless you have incredible skills of perception or incredible luck.
 
well, my point actually is that: yes, it is very Romantic, it is very quixotic with its tilting at windmills and whatnot.

but the whole idea of being remarried, not having enough money to get a guitar and having to use money from your wedding presents to buy a guitar is rather dodgy.

i'm afraid that you might fall for that lah. but well, i think you'll be successful no matter what, so such a fate wouldn't befall you. *snort*
 
hahaha I see...I was looking at the principle rather than the circumstances.

Better than to have all the money and a wife who doesn't understand.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?