.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

Imagine

It’s amazing what the human mind can create out of technology.

I was searching on the Internet for some technical specifics about motors, so I tried numerous search terms and went through an infinite stream of pages. Page after page of technical specifications, graphs and tables later, I stumbled upon something very curiously intriguing, and the first thing that went through my mind was “Damnit, why couldn’t I have done something like THIS for my Final Year Project?”

I’ll leave you to read up on the details. When I went through the development process of this…product, I found many similarities in how I went about my FYP. There was the initial skepticism, working with a problem that few understood, and of course the many rounds of prototyping, testing and redesign. Even the waking up at 3AM with an idea part also struck a bell.

Now that I’ve printed out my thesis for binding and final submission after consulting my supervisor, it’s fun to speculate on what I could have done if I really had complete freedom in choosing a project.

Well, I’m not entirely sure the testing process would have been that enjoyable in the long run, but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be as messy as mine.


I think.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?