.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

 

A journey of a thousand miles...

I have to admit it was a bit of a gamble.

Quitting my job before even applying for postgraduate studies was not an entirely comfortable thing to do, but circumstances were that I had to quit there and then or hold my peace forever.

And to top it off, brickbats were being hurled my way to throw me off course, by some rather irrational and small-minded individuals. Thankfully the greater sense of humanity prevailed and when I needed assistance, it was forthcoming and with much goodwill.

Come Sept or so I will be headed to Manchester to undertake a Msc Audio Acoustics at the University of Salford. My thought-process and methods of learning/perception are geared towards engineering (Get it? Gear-ed! Hmmm...not funny? Never mind.) while the overriding obsession in my life has been music. To me, this represents that first single step towards the union of my mechanical engineering training and musical distractions to become a bona-fide career choice.

Also, perhaps after studying there I can objectively determine the veracity of the saying that America and England are two continents separated by a common language. Stay tuned.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?